Administrative Assistant - Poplar Bluff
Provide administrative oversight for the Poplar Bluff campus to ensure operations run smoothly. Serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries from students.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist students with the enrollment process.
- Assist students with the financial aid process.
- Process student enrollments in the CARS student system.
- Independently open and close the campus on some days each week.
- Attend and participate in convocation and commencement ceremonies.
- Attend and participate in committee, staff, informational and professional meetings, which may involve attendance at evening or week-end events.
- Perform general clerical duties such as office purchases, incoming mail distribution and outgoing mail preparation, filling, data base maintenance, making room schedules, etc.
- Assist with maintaining and tracking accurate, up to date files and plans on students.
- Work closely with CLAS and CGES admissions departments, and with community college partner.
- Assist with recruitment and marketing of the site(s), CGES, and CMU. Attend recruitment events as needed.
- Process consortium agreements to obtain all approvals needed.
- MUST have excellent customer services skills.
- MUST be proficient with Microsoft Office products. Specific knowledge of Excel is mandatory.
- Assist with design and creation of CMU print and digital marketing.
- Proctor Major Field Exams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
High School degree required, Associate preferred. Clerical experience required.
Must be able to regularly lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong PC/MS Office Skills, Knowledge of general office equipment, Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of office practices and procedures. Excellent organizational/planning skills.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.