Chemistry & Physics Resources
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Search using basic keyword searching, advanced searching to combine terms, or browse by publication name, author, or subject area.
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "diabetes and children" will return results with both terms, "diabetes or blood sugar" will return results with either term, and "diabetes not children" will get rid of anything about children.
- Clickable tabs for peer-reviewed and PDF articles
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
Academic Search Premier : A large multi-disciplinary database, with many journals in full-text and coverage in the sciences.
- General searching techniques and format, including keyword and advanced searching
- Guided subject searching for better results
- Use left column search guides to refine your search
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text.
Science Reference Center : a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content.
- Contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc.
- Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping.
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
Avalon includ[ing] CMU, Mo Valley, UCM, and State Fair, among others. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.
Specific company names will not return many results, so try to use broader terms.