Data and Reporting
CMU uses several institutional assessments to gauge student learning across the campus as a whole. Academic and Co-curricular programs report assessment findings each year. Academic findings are include in the WEAVE summary report. Additional programmatic reports and surveys are also written and/or collected. The following are a selection of institutional measures currently in use:
National (Beginning/Faculty) Survey for Student Engagement (NSSE, BSSE, FSSE)
NSSE provides participating institutions a variety of reports that compare their students' responses with those of students at self-selected groups of comparison institutions. Comparisons are available for ten Engagement Indicators, six High-Impact Practices, and all individual survey questions.
WEAVE provides a storehouse for course, programmatic, and institutional assessment data. The system uses the hierarchy of Outcomes --> Measure --> Target --> Findings to provide a systematic approach to data collection and entry. CMU has utilized WEAVE for assessment reporting since 2008.
WEAVE Academic Detailed Assessment Reports
Multi-State Collaborative Assessment Project
The MSC is an initiative designed to provide meaningful evidence about how well students are achieving important learning outcomes. Instead of producing reports about average scores on tests, the project is piloting the use of common rubrics applied by teams of faculty to student' authentic college work-including such things as projects, papers, and research. The MSC is designed to produce valid data summarizing faculty judgments of students' own work, and also seeks to aggregate results in a way that allows for benchmarking across institutions and states.
The project has been retired and all resources may be found through the AAC&U website.
Other Institutional Resources and Reports
- CMU Factbook 2019-20
- WEAVE Academic Graduate Student Outcomes Report 2018-19
- CAAP 2016-17 Summary Report
- Multi-State Collaborative Results 2015-16 ( WC, CT, QL)
- CGES Graduation Survey Results - 2017
- Assessment Handbook 2020-21
- College Navigator - CLAS and CGES
- UCAN Network - CMU
- IPEDS Data Feedback Report CLAS and CGES
- Project SAILs Information Literacy Report
- Title II Educator Preparation Summary Report 2020
Co-Curricular Assessment and Reporting
- Assessment in Athletics Report 2019-20
- Counseling Chronicle Fall 2020
- Student Activities Survey - Fall 2017