Do you believe you were meant to work in an educational setting? The Educational Studies major at CMU is the gateway you need to a career in the education field.
About This Program
The Educational Studies major is available for students as an alternative to a certification program. It is important to note that candidates who complete this major are not eligible to be recommended for state teaching certification, however, you will become familiar with educational processes and settings, and receive the preparation needed to pursue a career in education.
As a CMU Educational Studies major, you will have opportunities to:
- build an in-demand skill set while taking classes that prepare you to work in education
- develop workplace skills that allow you to naturally analyze information, answer questions, communicate effectively, develop ideas, hold an audience’s attention, and encourage others to grow and learn
- participate in hands-on learning through projects, observational and field experiences, and internships
- become a candidate for employment who is highly desired for your creativity and leadership skills
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle School Education
- Physical Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.