Parent Orientation 2020
Services & Resources
CMU provides a broad range of services and resources, all designed for a single purpose: to help you succeed at CMU. Our staff of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing quality, personalized service to help you reach your full potential as you achieve your academic and personal goals.
Student Counseling Services
Center for Learning and Teaching
Expectations of Parents
Central Methodist is poised to guide and assist each unique student through their first semesters as college freshmen. But the transition to higher education can be as daunting for parents as it is for students. Click here to find out what to expect as a parent of a first-year student.
Important Dates to Know
- Move-in, August 15
- End of term, December 11
Expectations of Students
While students will have newfound freedom and time to explore activities during their early semesters of college, they’ll also have to develop a new level of self-discipline in their new environment. As freshmen will meet new people, including students, staff, and faculty from all walks of life. Click here to find out how all of this will factor into their self-discovery as they grow “outside of the box.”
Expectations of CMU
CMU students will...
- adhere to the Student Code of Conduct and Academic Honesty policy.
- approach learning with a desire to discover and learn, a sense of inquiry and a creative spirit.
- actively participate in the learning process as CMU strives toward learner-centered classrooms rather than teacher-centered lectures.
- perform at the highest level possible outside the classroom as well as inside.
- look for ways to connect with others and with themselves through student activities, academic events, and other student life events.
Campus Safety & Security
- A safety officer is on campus 24x7
- They can be reached via cell at (660) 202-0848 or via email at email@example.com
- All residence halls are locked and require an authenticated key card for entry
- Housing areas within residence halls require an additional swipe of a key card to get in
- Regular weather and emergency drills are held throughout the year
- Residence hall staff are available every day from noon to 2 a.m. to assist residents