Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any cases of COVID-19 on CMU’s Campus?
NO cases have been reported.
Is the University Shutting Down?
NO. The campus remains open and all faculty and staff are keeping standard summer hours.
What if I may have been exposed?
Possible Virus Exposure – from the last day of exposure
- 14 day self quarantine (Student stays home or quarantined; employee stays home and takes vacation/sick leave)
- 5 day self quarantine (Student stays home or employee takes vacation/sick leave)
- If no symptoms - Get tested on 5th day
- Is test is negative – come back to classes/work
- If symptoms develop – get retested/stay home.
Guidelines developed with CMU Health Clinic Director, CDC and Mo Health Department information. Requirements subject to change as situations develop.
Unless a student petitions, and receives permission to remain on campus, they must vacate campus with all of their belongings no later than March 20, 2020. The university will make every effort to support students who find themselves in a difficult situation for the remainder of the semester.
Students who are moving out of university housing will be credited on a prorated basis for housing and dining fees that they have paid. Undergraduates will receive a credit towards their Fall 2020 bills. Graduates will receive a refund this spring.
Housing/meal credits for the remainder of Spring 2020 session have now been applied to eligible student accounts. The credit can be viewed in your myCMU under the “Billing and Payments” section, then select “My Account Balances” and view your “Current Session” billing information.
If this credit created a credit balance on your student account, you will be due a refund. CMU will begin processing refunds by April 20, 2020.
What are my options:
- Direct Deposit: We encourage you to enroll in ACH Student Refunds, if you are not already enrolled. This can be done through “Billing and Payments” on the Student Tab of myCMU. Select “Sign Up For A Payment Plan”, then “Manage Refunds”, you will then edit your refund method to ACH so that funds are deposited directly into your bank account.
- Check Mailed: If you are not enrolled in ACH Student Refunds, a check will be mailed to the address on file with CMU. Please verify that you have the correct address on file with CMU, by selecting “Convenience Center” along the top of your myCMU account. If you need your address updated, please update your address with the office of the Registrar.
- Hold for future semesters: You also have the option to request that we hold this credit balance to pay for future charges - Summer 2020 Tuition & Fees and/or Fall 2020 Tuition, Fees, Room or Board. If you would like for your credit to be applied to future charges, please let the Business Office know no later than April 13th.
- Reduces previous balance: If you had an outstanding balance due on your student account, this credit has reduced the balance on your student account. If you are set up on a payment plan, this credit will reduce future payments.
How Do I Return My Textbooks?
Instructions for online byback can be found here.
Instructions for returning your rentals can be found here.
All non-essential events on campus have been cancelled through July 1, 2020. Special events will be considered on a case-by case basis. Organizers of events should contact participants or liaisons to either cancel or postpone the events.
Effective immediately, all university-related non-essential international and domestic travel is suspended until further notice. This includes any travel supported through university funds, grants or gift funds. We strongly discourage personal travel, particularly to or through a location under a travel restriction.
Whether or not you are exhibiting symptoms, visitors who have been in locations with an elevated risk of COVID-19 exposure within the past 14 days are not allowed to visit campus. In addition, visitors who have had direct contact with a patient confirmed to have suspected exposure are not allowed to visit campus. The Fayette campus remains open for prospective student visits, please contact the Admission office for further details.
All work study positions will end on March 20, 2020. Please make sure to submit your timesheet before you leave campus.
What will happen regarding my athletic eligibility?
The NAIA has provided relief by declaring no spring sport student-athlete will be charged a season of competition. Any spring sport student-athlete who was enrolled full-time in 2020 will be awarded two additional semester terms of attendance or the equivalent.
Will there be a Graduation Ceremony?
Commencement ceremonies have been postponed.