Summer Band Camp
Join other middle school and high school musicians for the annual Central Methodist University Summer Band Camp, June 29-30 and July 1, 2021. Applications to Summer Band Camp are due June 9.
Band camp is open to students in grades 7-12. Students will participate in one of two camp bands, have the opportunity to have a private or group lesson, and attend master classes taught by the camp staff. Clinicians will consist of university professors and outstanding high school and middle school band directors.
Students will be housed in CMU Residence Halls and will be supervised by CMU music education students and residential life staff. Meals will be served in the Bergsten Dining Hall on campus. Rehearsals and lessons will be held in various locations across campus including Classic Hall and the Swinney Conservatory of Music.
Resident Students: $200
Covers tuition, instruction, insurance, pool fee, T-shirt, room and board.
Commuter Students: $170
Covers meals, tuition, instruction, insurance, pool fee, & T-shirt.
A scholarship of $30 will be applied to the camp fee for anyone who was selected for an all-district high school band or all-district jr. high band this school year (2020-21).
Campers should plan to check-in on Tuesday, June 29 between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. The first all-camp meeting is at 2:00 p.m. Camp activities on Tuesday and Wednesday nights will run until 9:00 p.m.
The grand finale Band Concert will be held at 10:30 on Thursday morning in Puckett Field House.
- Students will stay one to a room unless they currently live together
- We are limited and have only 100 rooms available
- Documentation of a negative COVID test (PCR or antigen) within 3 days of camp is required. CMU will offer antigen testing between 11:30 and 12:30 on June 29 for $6.00.
- Masks will be required in all common areas (bathrooms, hallways, entering the dining hall, and master classes)
- Blowhole masks or surgical masks with a slit will be required while playing in rehearsals and lessons
- Bell covers will be required while playing in rehearsals and lessons
- Daily temperature and symptom checks will be required
- Physical distancing will be maintained as much as possible, including during rehearsals and classes
- A waiver will be signed by parents noting possible COVID exposure absolving CMU and the camp of any responsibility
What to Bring
- Your instrument and appropriate supplies
- A prepared chromatic scale and one other scale
- Blowhole masks or surgical masks
- Bell covers
- Comfortable clothes and shoes. For the closing concert you will need nice shorts or pants to wear with your camp T-shirt.
- You will need: 2 sheets, pillow with pillow case, blanket, towels, washcloth, and any additional toiletries such as soap, deodorants, toothpaste/brush, shampoo, etc.
- Please bring an umbrella in case of inclement weather.
- $1’s and $5’s for snack machines
Registration & Payment
Registration online must be made with full payment.
If your school’s booster club is assisting with tuition, please print the paper application, fill it out and submit it with a check or money order by mail.
Paper applications and checks can be mailed to:
attn: CMU Summer Band Camp
411 Central Methodist Square
Fayette, MO 65248