Executive Assistant to the President
The Executive Assistant to the President relieves the President of daily operational and administrative details and performs administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of University policies, procedures and operations and an understanding of the University’s role within the community. In addition, the Executive Assistant to the President is the Board Professional for the Board of Trustees and is responsible for managing all Board of Trustee matters. These responsibilities include creating and maintaining Board materials, as well as planning and organizing all aspects of Board Meetings. The Executive Assistant to the President has recurring contact with members of the Board of Trustees, senior administrators, the public, students and parents The Executive Assistant to the President exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the President’s schedule and the office’s daily activities. The Executive Assistant to the President uses discretion in the dissemination of information to students, staff, faculty and various entities served by the University.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 30% Board of Trustees communications/materials/events
- 15% Calendar coordination, scheduling, and travel
- 15% Presidential events
- 10% Communications (mail, email, phone calls)
- 05% General office administration
- 25% Research and report creation
- Facilitates the efficient utilization of the President’s calendar, requiring coordination with internal and external executives and assistants to schedule variety of business meetings.
- Promotes a positive image of the University by greeting and receiving visitors and calls to the President’s office.
- Prepares correspondence for distribution or approval and signature, checking for completeness and accuracy.
- Arranges travel arrangements and reservations for President.
- Independently creates reports for distribution to Board of Trustees as well as members of various departments.
- Assists with special events planning for various functions of the President’s Office.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality by exercising discretion in communicating information.
- Provides information for reports and records through research, data retrieval, compiling statistics and organizing the information in useable and understandable formats.
- Exercises administrative judgment; assuming responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Selects and supervises office work study students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 5-10 years of experience in an executive office setting.
This position generally functions in an office environment, but during events can require long periods of standing/walking and lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires flexibility and a willingness to learn and self-teach. Some aspects of this position require detailed planning and forethought, while the majority require thinking and acting on the spot. An ability to learn new technology quickly is a must. Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, and graphics packages to analyze, assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports. This position varies widely in the kinds of assistance the Office of the President requires; a very diverse skill set is necessary as the President’s Executive Assistant.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES: This position requires work outside traditional business hours as needed which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays. Travel, use of personal vehicle, and work outside of traditional office environment may also be required.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.