First Class Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll/register?
New students apply online to CMU. Counselors submit the students’ class requests in the form of rosters to First Class and we enroll the students into classes. Students who have taken CMU dual credit before do not need to complete the application.
When is spring tuition due?
Full payment or enrollment in a payment plan is due by January 29th, 2021.
How much is tuition? Are online classes the same price as in-seat, ZOOM and ITV? How do I know what I owe?
First Class tuition is $80 per credit hour.
In-seat, ITV/ZOOM classes are all $80 per credit hour.
Online tuition is $100 per credit hour.
Students should know the course they want to enroll in and the number of credit hours the course is worth. Multiply that by $80. e.g. in seat EN110 3 credit hours x $80 = $240; online EN110 3 credit hours x $100 = $300. Very important to know the number of credit hours that you are taking each semester.
What’s the address if I am mailing a check?
Central Methodist University
Office of First Class/Peggy O’Connell
411 Central Methodist Square
Fayette, MO 65249
How do I enroll in a payment plan?
- Visit the university home page: https://centralmethodist.edu/
- Log into your myCMU account
- Select the “Student” tab at the top of the page
- Select “Billing and Payments”
- Select “Sign Up for a Payment Plan”
- Follow the simple instructions to complete the transaction.
Please Note: A 2.75% processing fee will be charged for credit/debit card payments. There is no fee for the e-check option.I’m confused about math prerequisites. What do I need to know?
CMU follows the math pathways and all counselors should have a flow chart with the scores necessary to enroll in each math course. The enrollments are based on a students ACT, Accuplacer or Math Placement Exam scores, or the result of the students petitioning the department for permission to enroll.
How do I get myCMU information?
Each student should get an email after they apply to CMU within 24-48 hours. If they misplace this information they can ask their counselor, call the Office of First Class (660-248-6892) for their information or after hours the HelpDesk (660-248-6197).
I can’t find the myCMU information that was sent. Now, what?
Students should check their junk folders or they can ask their counselor or they can call the Office of First Class for their information or after hours the Help Desk.
I am entering the myCMU login information I was sent and the password I created, but it’s not working. What do I do?
Student should check their junk folders or they can ask their counselor or they can call the Office of First Class for their information or after hours the HelpDesk.
What if I want to pay in full online?
There is an option to choose that you want to make a one-time payment in full for your tuition.
For more information about payment options, click https://www.centralmethodist.edu/academics/dual-credit/index.html
Or visit the Payment Information Page at: https://www.centralmethodist.edu/academics/dual-credit/payment-information.html
I’m supposed to get a scholarship, but it’s still showing an amount due. What do I do?
Please call the Office of First Class 660-248-6892. Chances are the scholarship has not been applied to your account yet. If the amount is still there two business days after you have called and checked please call again, and we will see what is going on.
How do I find out what books I need?
The high school should know what books you will need for in-seat, or ITV/ZOOM classes. For online classes you will need to check the course syllabus. Once enrolled you will have access to the course syllabus and be able to buy your books online through CMU’s online bookstore or email with the instructor for any questions regarding books on online supplemental materials.
Are the books the same for in-seat and online?
Not always. Please check the syllabus of the course you are enrolled in before buying books. Not all in-seat books can be bought at CMU’s bookstore.
Do I have to do the payment plan from myCMU? What if I just search and find it that way?
You will need to complete the Contract for Financial Responsibility for dual credit students. The other Contract for Financial Responsibility is for undergraduate students and will ask for more information and take you to the wrong form.
What happens with dual credit classes if the high schools close?
All high schools have a contingency plan to keep classes going. If you have any questions regarding your class please talk to the instructor and administration at the high school and then call the Office of First Class.
How do I print an unofficial transcript?
- Login to MyCMU and click Student at the top of the page.
- Click transcripts and grade reports on the left
- Click view unofficial transcript.
- You will see an option for a “printer friendly” report. Click that option if you are going to print your transcript.
How do I send an official transcript?
- Go to:centralmethodist.edu
- Click on: Request Transcript button at the top right.
- Read the information and click on:
- National Student Clearinghouse secure site link and follow the prompts to request your transcript. Read the information and click on the Start button when you are ready to begin.
- Note: you will be asked for your CMU ID, but as long as your name and birth date are correct, your request will process without it.
- There is a charge for sending the transcript, so you will need to have a bank card or credit card to pay. Question? Contact the Registrar’s Office at 660-248-6994.