Master of Music Education Program Outcomes
- Graduates will have the skills necessary to assess the instructional needs of students and employ a variety of pedagogical techniques to help students develop musical skills.
Administer a music program
- Graduates will have the skills necessary to develop, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate a school music program with appropriate use of fiscal and human resources to best meet the needs of the enrolled children.
Evaluate current issues in music education
- Graduates will have the skills necessary to evaluate current issues in music education from an ethical, philosophical, technological, and historical framework while providing leadership for change
- Graduates will use conducting gesture to communicate musical information gathered through score study.
Use of technology
- Graduates will assess the usefulness of a variety of technologies available to music educators and appraise the usefulness of the technologies in the classroom.
Apply knowledge of music history and theory
- Graduates will apply knowledge of music history and music theory to develop informed interpretations of music and communicate to students a deeper understanding of music they hear or perform.
- Graduates will express themselves effectively, orally and in writing, amongst a community of scholars and practitioners.