Accounting Degree Program
Do you enjoy working with numbers, and feel you have strong business, critical thinking, and analytical skills? At Central Methodist University, you could be one of many students on their way toward a rewarding career in our Accounting program.
About our Accounting Degree Program
The Accounting major focuses on many different areas, covering everything from taxes and auditing to finance and management. As an Accounting major at CMU, you will become prepared for an array of careers in fields such as business, government, tax, consulting, financial planning, and much more.
As a CMU Accounting major, you will have opportunities to:
- enhance your skills while taking classes such as Fraud Examination, Cost Accounting, Auditing, Business Finance, and Individual Taxation
- take part in hands-on learning while discovering how to create and interpret financial statements, complete tax returns, work on budgeting projects, and participate in professional presentations
- learn about the many areas of accounting while building a skill set that prepares you for a career as a consultant, accountant, underwriter, analyst, financial planner, and more
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into law or graduate school
- Bachelor of Accountancy - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
- a minor in Accounting is also available - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
Admission Requirements for Accounting Majors
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.