History Degree Program
Questioning decisions and actions from the past, being curious about historical events, and having opinions about social and political issues are just a few of the many signs you have an interest in history. You will learn about past and present decisions that are shaping human history, and prepare for a career in a field you’re passionate about as a History major at CMU.
History Degree Program Offering
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
Students who study history learn to research, interpret, and explain events of the past while studying historical documents, compiling and recording data, and communicating ideas and explanations. Opportunities are endless when you’re a History major at CMU, as you will receive the preparation you need for an array of careers. Become an historian, journalist, lecturer, archeologist, or even a tour guide at an historic site.
As a CMU History major, you will have opportunities to:
- become skillful in researching, compiling data, examining historical documents, preparing publication materials, summarizing ideas, and forming and explaining concepts
- enhance your understanding of past events, historical figures, decisions, laws, and legislation
- participate in hands-on learning through research projects, internships, and special problems courses
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Science in History
- a minor in History or Social Science is available
Other CMU History Degrees:
- Middle School Education - Social Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Social Science Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.