Mathematics Program Outcomes
Demonstrate Proficiency in Mathematics
Students who are proficient in undergraduate mathematics should be able to:
- think quantitatively
- problem solve
- communicate mathematically
- make connections among the various branches of mathematics and to areas outside of mathematics
- apply their knowledge to real world applications
Communicate Mathematical Concepts
- Students majoring in mathematics should be able to communicate,through writing and oral communication, their understanding of mathematical concepts and functions.
Application of Mathematical Knowledge
- Students majoring in mathematics will be able to apply their knowledge practically, using critical thinking skills and methods.