Sigma Alpha Iota
Sigma Alpha Iota is an international music fraternity that:
- Supports and encourages women musicians of all ages, races and nationalities
- Supports and promotes successful and innovative educational programs in music for all stages of life
- Cultivates excellence in musical performance
- Promotes programs and activities that stress the love and importance of music in our lives
- Recognizes technological advances in the field of music
- Dedicates financial resources that ensure the continuation of programs necessary to support the objectives of the fraternity in perpetuity
- Has as its members, people who exemplify professional and ethical behavior in the spirit of the Sigma Alpha Iota founders
Sigma Alpha Iota was founded in 1903. CMU's Theta Omicron chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota was founded in 1997. Every month the students of CMU can hear Sigma Alpha Iota sing songs on the Conservatory steps. In December they host the annual Christmas Concert and collect donations to give to a struggling music program in Missouri. In April they co-host the American Music Recital with the men of Phi Mu Alpha. At the end of the year the members come together to celebrate the accomplishments of their senior members.
Advisor: Dr. Dori Waggoner; colors: red and white.