Communication Degree Program
If you enjoy learning about journalism, the media, public relations, marketing, or advertising, a CMU Communication major is an excellent choice for you. In your studies, you will develop and improve skills in research, writing, editing, speaking, listening, and reasoning.
About our Communication Degree Program
The Communication major involves the study of human interaction, especially through journalism, electronic media, television and radio broadcasting. You will develop an essential awareness of how communication affects people, relationships, business interactions, and the mass media.
As a CMU Communication major, you will have opportunities to:
- demonstrate your skills across communication-related fields including journalism, public relations, marketing, online media, radio, and television
- develop a knowledge base and an in-demand skill set through classes that improve your ability to effectively communicate, and compile a portfolio that demonstrates your understanding and experiences
- take part in hands-on learning through CMU’s newspaper (The Collegian), radio station (Eagle Radio), and various internship opportunities
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into law or graduate school
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Fayette Campus, Online
- Bachelor of Science in Communication - Fayette Campus, Online
- Minor in Communication - Fayette Campus, Online
Admission Requirements for Communication Majors
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.