Political Science Program Outcomes
Library, archival and database research
- Students will display a capacity to effectively employ library, archival and electronic databases for research purposes.
Research design and data collection proficiency
- Students will be able to design a clear research question, collect relevant data and construct a narrative analyzing their findings.
Political science knowledge
Students will display familiarity with the major authors, works, and theories of the canon of political science in each of the following sub-disciplines:
- American Political Institutions and Processes including public law
- International Relations
- Comparative Political Systems (Area Studies)
Research communication proficiency
- Students will be able to present, discuss and defend their own research at a high level of professional discourse.