Athletic Training 3+2 Curriculum
|CMU101||Freshman Survival Skills I||1||CMU102||Freshman Survival Skills II||1|
|BI101||General Biology I||4||BI205||General Physiology||5|
|AT103||Introduction to Athletic Training||3||EN120||College Composition I &II||3|
|AT060||Directed Observation I||0||AT060||Directed Observation II||0|
|MA103||College Algebra||3||PE212||First Aid/CPR/AED||2|
|BI107||Human Anatomy||5||CT101||Communications Skills||3|
|PE111||Wellness||1||PS101*||Intro to American/Nat/St/Loc Gov||3|
|CH111||General Chemistry||4||MA105||Elementary Statistics||3|
|AH324||Human Anatomy and Kinesiology||4||EX327||Physiology of Exercise||3|
|PY101||General Psychology||3||AT060||Directed Observation IV||0|
|AT060||Directed Observation III||0||PL105*||Introduction to Philosophy||3|
|EX203||Intro to Exercise Science||2||PL306*||Ethics and the Professions||3|
|PH111||General Physics I||4||PE216||Nutrition and Athletic Performance||3|
|EN305/6||Expository or Technical Writing||3||PY223||Developmental Psych||3|
|RL122||Religion and the Human Adventure||3||EN222||Introduction to Literature||3|
|AT060||Directed Observation V||0||AH212||Medical Terminology||3|
|EX331||Advanced Exercise Science||3||OB060||Directed Observation VI||0|
|PROFESSIONAL PHASE (MSAT)|
|Professional Year 1|
|AT513**||Care and Prevention of Ath. Inj.||3|
|AT512**||Therapeutic Interventions in AT||5|
|AT511||Introduction to Evidence Based Practice/||1|
|AT522**||Upper Extremity Assessment and Rehab||4||AT533||Head/Trunk/Spine Assessment and Rehab II||4|
|AT523**||Lower Extremity Assessment and Rehab||4||AT531**||Movement Assessment||3|
|AT527||Clinical Experience in AT 1||3||AT538**||Clinical Immersion in AT 1||3|
|AT521a||AT Research I||1||AT521b||AT RESEARCH 2||1|
|AT524**||General Medical Conditions||4||AT534**||Emerging Practices||3|
|Professional Year 2|
|AT548||Clinical Immersion in AT 2||3|
|AT532||Leadership and O & A. in AT||4|
|AT557||Clinical Experiences in AT 2||3||AT568||Clinical Immersion in AT 3||3|
|AT550||BOC I||1||AT560||BOC II||1|
|AT551||Pharmacology in AT||3||AT566b||Research Methods in AT 2 (AT Capstone)||2|
|AT556a||Research Methods in AT 3||1||6|
* Options available
** Counts toward Exercise Science degree requirements.
- • Requirements for Thesis or Capstone: Three credit hours in AT566 Research Methods (Capstone Project) will count toward degree. Formal presentation of the project is required. The paper must be approved by the student’s advisor and program director before degree is granted.
- • Students will complete the general education coursework by the end of the 3rd year spring semester (100 hours). The remaining 20 hours required to complete the BS degree in exercise science will be earned by taking graduate courses in athletic training taken in the summer between the 3rd and 4th year and during the fall of the 4th year of study. CAATE standards require all Athletic Training content courses to be taught at graduate level.
- • Students who don’t meet the requirements to enter the MSAT program can finish the exercise science degree provided they meet those requirements. Students who don’t qualify for entrance into MSAT by deficiency will have the opportunity to satisfy the deficiency and re-apply upon successful completion but will not be allowed to matriculate into MSAT program.
- • If student did not get into MSAT program, would have to complete courses below for exercise science degree.
- PE210-Personal and Community Health (2)- Graduate class equivalent= AT524-General Medical Conditions (4)
- PE323-First Aid, Care & Prevention of Athletic Training Injuries (3) - Graduate class equivalent= AT522-Upper Extremity Assessment and Rehabilitation (4); AT 523-Lower Extremity Assessment and Rehabilitation (4).
- PE221 –Psych and Sociology of PE (3)- Graduate class equivalent = AT512-Therapeutic Interventions in AT (5).
- PE321 -Org. and Administration of P.E. and Athletic Programs (2)- Graduate class equivalent = AT513-Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3).
- EX 339- Test and Measurement in Physical Education (3)- Graduate class equivalent = AT 531-Movement Assessment (3).
- EX 440- Program Design Internship (3)- Grad class equivalent = AT 538- Clinical Immersion I (3)
- PE 202- Motor Learning and Development (3)- Grad equivalent = AT534-Emerging Practices (3)